S2-M forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting airsofting

4 posters

Go down

starting airsofting  Empty starting airsofting

Post  jester-13 Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm

We have a few new members joining us so i thought i would do this little thread and if any of you other airsoft vets want to add anything please do so.

When you first start airsofting it can be expensive if not done right.

when you first start dont be tempted to buy all the kit before hand, it's easy to be suckered into buying lots of kit you just dont need.
for example you might buy a full dpm kit only to find out that the jacket is too warm and heavy to be running around in all day, alot of the time i end up in a pair of combat trousers and a t shirt with the most basic of platforms to keep my mags/bb's in this makes me light and faster than the guys who are rocking around in the full kit.

the kit you will need:

a good pair of boots
a pair of protective goggles/glasses
a pair of combat trousers or some good quality jeans

The weapons

take your time picking your first weapon its easy to spend a lot of money on a pile of crap.
dont buy it just because it looks good ( yea i can talk lol.) or just because you are superb with it on your fav shoot em up game, that dont meen that you will be any good with it out in the field. try asking us first we have all sorts of different weapons in this team from ak47's, m4's, mp5's m16's and mp40's i myself am fine with anyone having a go with any of my weapons to try and see if its the sort of gun you will love or hate.
if you have your heart set on something ask us and we can try find the cheapest place to get it from. we have bought from all over and have all gathered lots of knowledge on getting stuff that lil bit cheaper.

In the game

your first game will be the one that makes or breaks your future with airsoft.
my first game i was craping myself lol. all these huge guys walking around with all the gear and tons of stuff bolted onto there £300 guns all i had was a taped up second hand ak47 that cost me £70.
fortunatly i met up with a nice little boy who talked me through the basics and what to do and what not to do.
( Thanks Ash x )
so i set out on to the field and found that i was taking down these big blokes with there £300 guns. i will say i took a few hits that day also lol.
The ultimate thing is to have fun if you start taking it serious you will not like it and you wont be liked. Take your hit's laugh it off and if possible tell the guy it was a nice shot and you will soon be a liked player who everyone wants on there team.
when you do see the guys who think they are the terminator and dont take there hits you can eather tell the marshals who will then watch the player like a hawk or just walk away thinking to yourself what a twat and go engage sombody who is a fair player the guy thinking he is the terminator will soon find that nobody is bothering to shoot at him and his own team is not using him in there plans and he will then find himself having a shit day out.

ITS A GAME FOR F SAKE HAVE FUN AND DONT BE A DICK jocolor
jester-13
jester-13
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

starting airsofting  Empty Re: starting airsofting

Post  John5590 Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 am

"nice little boy" Gay.

What I found beneficial at the start is reading, lots and lots of reading get to know the brands, mechanics and build quality. The most expensive part is going to the gun so read about it. Second hand is an extremely good way to go at the start yet be very careful with what your buying and remember that RIF aren't covered by pay pal insurance.

Equipment can be gained cheaply on eBay especially if you order from abroad and army surplus stores. Don't worry on how you look that can come later. (I'm still not happy with my webbing) and I've gone through 3 pairs of boots also leg holsters are a pain.

At the end of it all it is an expensive sport to start but afterwards it is costly as much as you want it to be. Do your research, look around and make sure you don't get stung, do it right first time and it will be considerable cheaper.
John5590
John5590
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Tue May 08, 2012 2:07 am

i wish people would stop calling me little/tiny/small ¬¬ lol

dont let geardo's put you down for having "crap equipment" i.e stuff that is not £3k because oyu have a life outside airsoft so spend your money more wisely lol

My A.K out shoots alot of expensive guns range wise and it only cost me £100 and about 20 minutes of James's time
Bambi
Bambi
Gun for Hire
Gun for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 am

Just a thought guys,
if you can, before buy anything, borrow it and make sure you want to airsoft.
Watch this space....LOL
Fenrir
Fenrir
Gun for Hire
Gun for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post  jester-13 Thu May 10, 2012 12:02 am

time for translation time for the new guys as its easy to think we are all talking in code.

AEG = Auto electric gun.
AEP = Auto electric pistol.
BB = Small round plastic pellets that we airsofters use as ammo usually 6mm.
CQB = Close quarters battle.
EBB = Electric blow back.
GBB = Gas blow back.
FPS = Feet per second in other words how fast your gun is firing a single BB most sites in the uk have a strict 350 fps limmit.
RIS = Rail integration system are a simple standardized solution for accessorizing with interchanging of accessories such as sights and scopes.
RIF = Realistic imitation firearm.

Mid Cap, low cap and hi cap = Mid cap are magazines which can contain more than a low cap magazine but less than a high cap.
Generally containing 100-200 rounds, these magazines are favored by some players for their quieter operation compared to that of high cap magazines as they rattle when half full of bb's. low cap mags are usually 30rnd only and are used mainly for realism in milsim games.
CAP = capacity

MilSim = (Military Simulation) is airsoft played out in a military-themed role playing setting.
Teams have different missions to accomplish, with the players remaining on the field until their objective has been achieved or a time limit (if any) has elapsed.

jester-13
jester-13
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

milsim is also normally is low caps - mid caps only, and are designed to be as close to the real thing as possible so you will have squads with people in charge and shit like that

you forgot Scenario games

and site limits for sniper rifles is 500 FPS with a minimum engagement distance
Bambi
Bambi
Gun for Hire
Gun for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down